ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is the largest private sector general insurance company in India with a Gross Written Premium (GWP) of Rs. 6,420 cr. for the year ended March 31, 2013. The company issued over 91.8 lac policies and settled over 50.7 lac claims as on March 31, 2013.
ICICI Lombard has divers product range like travel insurance, home insurance, motor insurance, personal solutions, business solutions etc. ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is a joint venture between ICICI Bank Limited, India’s second largest bank with consolidated total assets of over USD 99 billion at March 31, 2013 and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a Canada based USD 37 billion diversified financial services company engaged in general insurance, reinsurance, insurance claims management and investment management.
Being a leading player in the general insurance domain, ICICI Lombard wanted to ensure optimum customer experience. The existing technology was unable to effectively handle the call influx. It was also rigid towards the required capability and feature updates as per business expansion. Being one of the fastest growing private general insurance companies of India, managing leads was a huge challenge. Every follow-up with the customer was done manually and it was very difficult for the sales executives to remember all the follow up calls.
Also, there was no automated call back facility. So there was a possibility of losing potential leads with no history captured of the previous communication. It had become very difficult to manage the leads on two platforms Lombard’s In House CRM and Contact Centre CRM. There was an urgent requirement for a unified solution that could automate the entire telesales business of the organization. A robust solution that could make the two CRMs goes hand in hand and performs bilateral information exchange using a Web Service.
The rising needs that forced ICICI Lombard to look for a more robust and efficient technology tool were
- Effective handling of ever increasing leads
- Preferred agent routing of customer calls
- An interface to create and keep record of existing customer profiles
- A solution that would not alter the pre-defined rules of their workflow
- Platform to integrate in-house Lombard’s CRM
C-Zentrix’s technology team and ICICI team worked together to map out process criticalities. C-Zentrix was able to suggest enhancements, which made the clients’ capability future-ready. C-Zentrix Contact Center Solution addressed their requirements as outlined below
- Integrated inbound and outbound solution with capabilities of E-mail, SMS that could be used in conjunction or separately depending on projects the client undertook
- The entire solution was implemented in a single set-up making it really easy to manage. Redundancy was built in by keeping critical components on separate servers, making the internal network a very easy plug and play mechanism
- The solution provided real-time information on performance of connectivity, and causes of success and failure of connectivity for each number dialed, to the IT team. A GUI-based customized reporting was provided so managers and supervisors could access relevant information on-the-go
- Customizations were also done on CRM and multiple CRM’s were created to suit specific processes. A CRM template was also delivered to the IT team in a language they were comfortable with, which they could use to make small changes on a day-to-day basis by themselves
- The architecture of C-Zentrix ensured the Call Center strictly adhered to the DNC regulations, made the process more efficient since only valid leads were being dialed and the solution was disposing off all DNC listed numbers by it
Executive’s work productivity has been increased considerably after implementing the solution
All the follow-ups are automated so there is no loss of potential leads or unattended leads which lead to enhanced productive time
MIS reporting is available to track executives’ performance on daily, weekly and monthly basis
Customized CRMs were created to suit specific business processes